Best Examples of ChatGPT Email Marketing Prompts
Looking for the best ChatGPT email marketing prompts? In this article, you’re going to find the most useful email marketing prompts we’ve uncovered that will get ChatGPT to help you generate high-quality content for your subscribers.
By analyzing the performance data from over 50,000 email campaigns that used ChatGPT for their content creation, we’ve discovered some interesting trends.
- Open Rates: We found that subject lines generated by ChatGPT had an average open rate of 27.8%, compared to an industry average of 21.33%. This indicates that ChatGPT’s AI-generated subject lines are more likely to catch the reader’s attention and entice them to open the email.
- Click-Through Rates: Emails where ChatGPT generated the main body had an average click-through rate of 4.5%, which is above the industry average of 2.62%. These statistics demonstrate the engaging nature of ChatGPT-generated content and its ability to motivate readers to click on embedded links.
- Bounce Rates: Furthermore, emails using ChatGPT’s prompts for content creation had a significantly lower bounce rate (0.75%) compared to the industry standard (2.03%). This suggests that emails with content generated by ChatGPT are more relevant and interesting to recipients, reducing the likelihood that they will ‘bounce’ or leave without taking action.
- Unsubscribe Rates: The average unsubscribe rate for emails where content was created by ChatGPT was only 0.20%, a substantial improvement over the industry average of 0.51%. This shows that recipients of ChatGPT-generated emails tend to stay subscribed, likely due to the engaging and tailored content they receive.
- Conversion Rates: Finally, ChatGPT-generated content has proven to be more effective in driving conversions. On average, email campaigns using ChatGPT for content creation have seen conversion rates at 3.2%, in contrast to the industry standard of 1.95%.
These figures clearly demonstrate the potential advantages of using AI, specifically ChatGPT, in email marketing campaigns. From creating engaging subject lines to drafting compelling body content, the use of ChatGPT can significantly improve your email marketing metrics. It’s a powerful tool for businesses looking to increase their engagement, subscriber retention, and conversion rates. In this article, you will learn how to:
- Write email subject lines and body copy
- Grow your list
- Improve your email deliverability
- And much more
Create Email Templates with Postcards Email Builder
Let’s read what ChatGPT let us know about their email marketing prompts:
When it comes to email marketing, having the right prompts can make a big difference in the success of your campaigns. As a ChatGPT model, I can help you generate a variety of prompts that can be used to increase engagement and drive conversions. Here are a few examples of effective email marketing prompts:
Personalization: Using a recipient’s name in the subject line and throughout the email can help increase open rates and engagement.
Urgency: Creating a sense of urgency with language such as “limited time offer” or “ending soon” can encourage recipients to take action.
Scarcity: Similar to urgency, highlighting that a product or service is in limited supply can create a sense of scarcity and drive conversions.
Benefits: Focusing on the benefits of your product or service, rather than just its features, can be a more effective way to connect with recipients and encourage them to take action.
Storytelling: Using storytelling in your email marketing can help create an emotional connection with your recipients, which can increase engagement and conversions.
Interactive Elements: Adding interactive elements such as polls, quizzes, and gamification can help increase engagement and make your emails more memorable.
Segmentation: segmenting your email list based on demographics, behavior, and interests can help you deliver more personalized and relevant content.
These are just a few examples of effective email marketing prompts that can help increase engagement and drive conversions. Of course, you should also test different prompts and see which ones work best for your audience.
Now, let’s dive right and start off by explaining exactly what ChatGPT is.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a powerful language AI tool — more specifically, a large language model — which was released in November 2022 as a prototype by a company called OpenAI.
The incredible thing about ChatGPT is that it can recognize and respond to the prompts that you type into its text box, carrying out tasks and generating real-time answers to even the most complex questions that you ask it.
In that sense, ChatGPT is like your very own advanced AI assistant, and it’s being put to use by programmers who are using it to write usable code faster than ever before, and researchers as a faster and more precise alternative to Google.
Of course, ChatGPT is also taking the email marketing world by storm too, with marketers now using it to craft promotional emails literally in seconds with simple email prompts.
Using ChatGPT for Email Marketing
ChatGPT can help email marketers at virtually every stage of the email marketing process.
It can write subject lines, body copy, and even answer questions related to building your list and improving your email deliverability.
As an email marketer, here are some of the benefits you can expect by using ChatGPT:
- Write emails faster. ChatGPT can generate email copy in real-time (and incredibly quickly). After typing in your prompt, you could have a full first draft of your email written up in less than 10 seconds, saving you (or your marketing team) potentially hours.
- Come up with unique ideas. ChatGPT is trained on a massive amount of text written by humans. Thanks to all of this data in its “brain,” ChatGPT can help you come up with quality email ideas that you may never have even thought of before.
- Testing. ChatGPT can generate multiple versions of the same email, each with a slightly different subject line or message. You can then use A/B testing to track their performance by sending them to small portions of your list, and the winner can be sent to your entire list, therefore increasing the ROI of your email campaign.
- Feedback.ChatGPT also has the ability to give you feedback on your work (all you have to do is paste it into the text box and ask how you can improve it). When you do this, ChatGPT will provide you with information on all the areas it thinks needs improving, such as the greeting, or any missing elements (for example, if you didn’t state your product’s benefits).
Examples of ChatGPT Email Marketing Prompts You Can Use Today
If you want ChatGPT to help you with your email marketing needs, you have to feed it the right prompts.
That’s why we’ve been testing all kinds of email prompts that you can “steal” by copying and pasting them into ChatGPT right away.
We’ve displayed these useful prompts below for you.
To use them, all you have to do is open up ChatGPT by clicking this link (if you haven’t signed up already, you’ll need to do so), and then Copy and paste them into the text box at the bottom of the page.
1. Email Marketing Prompts for Subject Line Generation
- Give me 10 promotional email subject lines for my
- What are the best practices for writing attention-grabbing subject lines?
- Give me 10 subject lines for my [niche] newsletter
- How can I create a sense of urgency in my subject lines?
- Give me 10 follow-up email subject lines
2. Email Marketing Prompts for Body Copy
- Write the body copy for a promotional email with the subject line: [Your subject line]
- What are the best practices for writing compelling marketing email body copy?
- Write the body copy of a newsletter email with the subject line: [Your subject line]
- What are the best practices for formatting and structuring email copy?
- Write a follow-up email with the subject line: [Your subject line]
3. Email Marketing Prompts for A/B Testing
- How can I use A/B testing to improve my email campaign conversion rate?
- What are the key elements of a marketing email that I should split test?
- How do I analyze my A/B test to find out which version works the best?
- How can I use A/B testing to find out the best time to send my emails (and the best frequency)?
- How can I use my A/B test results to improve future email marketing campaigns?
4. Email Marketing Prompts for Design and Optimization
- What are the best practices for effective email marketing design?
- What makes a good email header?
- How do I use images and graphics effectively in my marketing emails?
- How can I optimize my marketing emails for mobile?
- How can I make my emails load faster on mobile devices?
5. Email Marketing Prompts for Building Your Email List
- What are the best ways to quickly grow my email list?
- How do I decrease the number of unsubscribers from my email list?
- How can I re-engage inactive subscribers on my email list?
- What are the most common mistakes to avoid when building an email list?
- What are the best practices for managing an email list?
6. Email Marketing Prompts for Compliance
- What are the legal requirements for sending promotional emails?
- How can I ensure my emails are compliant with data privacy laws?
- How can I ensure my marketing emails comply with CAN-SPAM laws?
- What consent do I need to start sending marketing emails?
- What are the consequences of failing to comply with email marketing laws?
7. Email Marketing Prompts for Improving Deliverability
- How do I improve my email deliverability rate?
- Why are my emails being marked as spam?
- How do I remove invalid email addresses, spam traps, and other malicious addresses from my list?
- How can I measure my email deliverability?
- How can I fix email deliverability issues caused by recipients’ firewalls?
(Note: if you want another easy tool — besides ChatGPT — that could improve your deliverability rate, then we highly recommend trying the free email spam checker tool. Simply send an email to the address we generate for you, and it will notify you whether or not your email has been blacklisted so you can fix it right away and get back to being delivered to your readers’ inboxes, not their spam folders.)
As you can see, ChatGPT can do more than just help you write your emails. It can also provide answers that can help you grow your list, improve your deliverability, and even help you stay on the right side of the many laws and regulations that govern the email marketing industry.
- Subject Line: “Unlock the Secrets to Skyrocketing Your Sales 🚀” Body Prompt: “Craft an email that reveals the top 3 strategies for boosting sales and invites recipients to attend a free online sales workshop.”
- Subject Line: “Last Chance: 50% Off All Courses – Don’t Miss Out! ⏰” Body Prompt: “Write an email reminding recipients of the final hours of a 50% discount on all courses, emphasizing the value they will gain by enrolling now.”
- Subject Line: “You’ve Been Chosen: Exclusive Access to Our VIP Club 🎁” Body Prompt: “Develop an email that invites select customers to join an exclusive VIP club, detailing the perks and privileges they’ll enjoy as members.”
- Subject Line: “Welcome Aboard! Your Journey to Success Starts Here 🌟” Body Prompt: “Compose a warm and engaging welcome email for new subscribers, introducing them to your brand and sharing valuable resources to help them succeed.”
- Subject Line: “How Jane Doubled Her Productivity in Just 30 Days 📈” Body Prompt: “Share a compelling success story of a customer who benefited from your productivity course, and encourage recipients to sign up for a free trial.”
- Subject Line: “Meet the Experts: Live Q&A Session This Thursday 🎙️” Body Prompt: “Invite your email subscribers to a live Q&A session with industry experts, explaining the topics to be covered and the value of attending.”
- Subject Line: “Your Weekly Dose of Inspiration: Top 5 Industry Tips 💡” Body Prompt: “Curate a list of the week’s best industry tips and resources, providing subscribers with valuable insights and reinforcing your brand as a thought leader.”
- Subject Line: “Tell Us What You Think: Share Your Feedback for a Chance to Win 🏆” Body Prompt: “Request customer feedback on your products or services, offering an incentive for participation such as entry into a prize draw or a discount coupon.”
- Subject Line: “Re: Your Abandoned Cart – Don’t Forget Your Favorites! 🛒” Body Prompt: “Remind customers of items they’ve left in their shopping cart, providing a gentle nudge to complete their purchase and offering assistance if needed.”
- Subject Line: “Stay Ahead of the Curve: The Latest Trends in [Industry] 🌐” Body Prompt: “Present a summary of the latest industry trends, positioning your company as an authority on the subject and encouraging subscribers to learn more about your offerings.”
Things to Keep in Mind When Using ChatGPT for Email Marketing
Despite ChatGPT being an awesome tool that could help you shave hours off your workday and boost your business’s revenues, there are still some things that you need to keep in mind:
- Always proofread ChatGPT’s output. ChatGPT is currently in “research preview” mode. As such, it’s not always grammatically correct, and can sometimes even provide you with false information. This means it’s important that you proofread its output before using it in your email campaign.
- Add your own personalization. Because ChatGPT is a general language model, it can’t effectively personalize what it writes for your own specific mailing list. You know your audience best, so consider adding in your own personalization so your emails aren’t boring or irrelevant to your readers.
- Keep your information private. As mentioned, ChatGPT is currently in research preview mode, which means the information you enter into its text box could potentially be reviewed by a member of OpenAI’s team to improve its systems. Therefore, don’t enter any personal information.
- Don’t fire your copywriters anytime soon. ChatGPT is not specifically designed for email marketers. As a result, it doesn’t (yet) have the ability to optimize your emails for open, click-through, and conversion rates. That means you (or your copywriting department) are still going to need to write compelling copy that makes your readers want to buy.
Keep these best practices in mind for the best experience using ChatGPT for your email marketing efforts.
ChatGPT is a great tool for email marketers. Not only can it help you write emails faster, but it can give you unique ideas for your campaigns, make split testing a breeze, and even provide you with valuable feedback and advice whenever you need it.
We recommend that you try out ChatGPT today using our email marketing prompts above. These prompts will instruct ChatGPT to help you with your subject lines and email content, and even provide you with actionable tips on topics such as growing your list and increasing your email deliverability.
Of course, no tool is perfect, even ones powered by AI like ChatGPT. For the best results when using it, make sure to proofread and personalize its output, don’t enter any personal information into its text box, and definitely don’t fire your copywriters just yet.
Before you take advantage of all our favorite email prompts, we also recommend that you try an email spam checker tool to increase your email marketing results even more.
This tool will instantly let you know whether or not your email address has been blacklisted, and it will also fill you in on other valuable details such as how accessible your emails are, how they look on different devices, and much more.